Group Visits & Adult Learning
We have an active public and private programme of talks, tours and sessions at Tudor House. A facilitated group visit to Tudor House would be ideal from any of the following groups (and many more as well):
- Colleges or Universities
- U3A Group
- Churches and other faith-based communities
- Local History Groups
- Adult Education Groups
- Community Groups
Hands-on History Sessions
Led by a historian or archaeologist, delve into the history of Southampton and Tudor House. Please ask about various options for study. All sessions cost £110 and last an hour.
We offer a varied programme of private tours. All tours are let by a specialist with a background in history or archaeology. Tours include:
Tudor House & Garden– Discover the secrets and stories of this incredible house. This tour includes access to the attic and cellars, areas of the house that are normally not open to members of the public.
Southampton’s Old Town– Uncover Southampton’s hidden past with this walking tour around and under the Old Town, exploring stories of merchants, mayhem and murder along the way! This tour visits some of the medieval vaults beneath the town.
The Southampton Blitz– Southampton was heavily bombed during the Second World War. This walking tour descends into a number of the public air-raid shelters and explores the experiences of those who lived through some of the darkest days of Southampton’s history.
Haunted Tudor House– Tudor House is believed by some to be one of the most haunted buildings in Hampshire. Join us for this new tour of spooky goings on in the house. This tour includes access to the attics and the cellars of this 800 year-old house.
Thank you very much for taking the U3A History group on the tour of Tudor House this morning. Everyone said how much they had enjoyed it and had learned so much. Southampton U3A, visited September 2016.
All tours cost £62 and last about an hour.
Tea & Lunch Offers
Why not complete your visit to us with our exclusive catering deals! Enjoy a cup of tea with scone, jam and cream for only £3.50 per person or a full lunch deal for only £6 per person. You can see a sample of our lunch offer menu here. Please note these offers are only available when booking a tour or talk and are subject to availability.
We also offer a great range of talks that are available to book in the museum or as an outreach talk. Talks cost £55 plus travel when appropriate. All talks are led by an expert historian or archaeologist and are subject to availability. Our talks include:
- A History of Southampton in Objects Using objects in the museum’s collection, this is a whistle-stop tour of the last 10,000 years of Southampton.
- POSH: A History of Southampton Docks Discover the remarkable story of Southampton’s docks and the ocean liners that called the town home.
- The Life and Times of Ellen Wren: A Story of Victorian Southampton The story of Ellen Wren is fairly well-known: she was a woman who stole and drank her way to an early grave and whose death in squalid conditions led to enormous changes in housing in Southampton. This talk charts her life from cradle, to grave, and beyond.
- O God, Our Help In Ages Past: The Story of Southampton’s Hymn This talk explores the Southampton of Isaac Watts’ time and the remarkable story of the hymn’s Southampton links throughout the last 300 years.
- A History of Tudor House Discover the story of Southampton’s most important historic building, from its Norman roots through the dark days of the Southampton Blitz, and everything in between.
We offer a reduced admission price to the museum of £3.75 (£2.75 concessions) for groups of 10 or more. In order to be eligible for a discount please pre-book with us.
If you would like to make a booking, or to discuss visiting us please email our Learning Officers at email@example.com or phone us on 023 8083 2810. We offer a broad range of tours and workshops, based on the details and costs below: